Experience with MetaAccess?
Лице кое објавува дискусија: Rebecca Capowski
Rebecca Capowski
Rebecca Capowski
Соединети Американски Држави
Local time: 06:36
Член (2014)
јапонски на англиски
May 25, 2019

I have a new client who's requesting that I install a purported security program called "MetaAccess" from OPSwat due to the sensitivity of the documents I'll be handling. I'm a bit skeptical here; I've never heard of this program, and I'm having a hard time finding any info on it that isn't promotional material from the manufacturer. (The only third-party info that pops info consists of a couple blatantly-astroturfed "user review" pages.) The info from OPSwat raises questions: installing Meta... See more
I have a new client who's requesting that I install a purported security program called "MetaAccess" from OPSwat due to the sensitivity of the documents I'll be handling. I'm a bit skeptical here; I've never heard of this program, and I'm having a hard time finding any info on it that isn't promotional material from the manufacturer. (The only third-party info that pops info consists of a couple blatantly-astroturfed "user review" pages.) The info from OPSwat raises questions: installing MetaAccess would seem to hand over the keys for my comp's security to the client & program. The info also makes several promises that seem unwise, such as automatic removal of programs it deems "unsafe." I can see things going wrong very quickly.

Has anyone worked with this program previously? The client is an established translation agency, but they have a few practices that are nonstandard for the industry. I'd like to collaborate with the company, but given the information I have currently, it seems as if installing MetaAccess would violate my own security and that of my other clients.
▲ Collapse


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератори на овој форум
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]
Prachya Mruetusatorn[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Experience with MetaAccess?






PerfectIt
Check translations faster for consistency, quality and style guide compliance

PerfectIt helps professional translators deliver error-free documents in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint. It helps improve consistency, ensure quality, and enforce style guides. ProZ members receive a 30% discount off individual purchases of PerfectIt.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »