Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:31
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
May 30, 2022

Hi,
did anybody already get it/installed it/tried it?
Or any other comments?
Is it worth upgrading (for a relatively small price)?

Xanthippe
Xanthippe
France
Member (2008)
Italian to French
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
In my opinion May 30, 2022

yes, in my opinion, you can buy Trados studio 2022.

I have it and I partecipated in beta testing.

For Trados I always buy uptates before the software has published, so it’s a good deal. Then I can also say that I prefer to have the last version, always.

Eric Azevedo
ilker menderes iyidogan

Wolfgang Schoene
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you May 30, 2022

Xanthippe wrote:

For Trados I always buy uptates before the software has published, so it’s a good deal. Then I can also say that I prefer to have the last version, always.

Generally, there are not many changes between versions, but what interests me in this one is the possibility to work in the cloud from anywhere at no extra cost.

Xanthippe

Xanthippe
Xanthippe
France
Member (2008)
Italian to French
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Trados live May 30, 2022

Wolfgang wrote:

Xanthippe wrote:

Generally, there are not many changes between versions, but what interests me in this one is the possibility to work in the cloud from anywhere at no extra cost.

Yes, Trados live is a good solution and now it is included in the licence at no extra-cost, you are right!

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 17:31
English to Russian
Trial version May 30, 2022

You can download a trial version from here: https://www.trados.com/products/trados-studio/free-trial.html

Wolfgang Schoene

Wolfgang Schoene
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Upgrading to Studio 2022 May 31, 2022

Wolfgang wrote:

Hi,
did anybody already get it/installed it/tried it?
Or any other comments?
Is it worth upgrading (for a relatively small price)?

I finally decided to upgrade to Studio 2022.
Until now, when your upgraded from, say, Studio 2019 to 2021, you could keep your older version alongside with the new one (and 2019 is still sitting on my system).
After upgrading to 2022 apparently I can't keep v 2021 as RWS says:
"Upgrading means the license(s), indicated below on the left, will be removed and will be replaced with the license(s) shown on the right. This process can not be reversed."
I did not yet confirm the upgrade as I want to be certain this is the correct procedure to upgrade.
Can anybody confirm that I will not be able to keep v 2021?

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Existing version will be kept May 31, 2022

Wolfgang wrote:

As far as I know, you can keep your old version installed in Windows. You won't be able to install it again.

Philippe Noth
Philippe Noth  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Member (2015)
German to French
+ ...
Studio 2022 and 2021 May 31, 2022

Hi Wolfgang,
Wolfgang wrote:
I did not yet confirm the upgrade as I want to be certain this is the correct procedure to upgrade.

I activated my 2 licenses last week – I have a Freelance Plus – and version 2021 remained activated. Even Studio 2019 is still activated.

In case you encounter a problem, the support for licensing is usually quick to respond. I remember I had an issue when I installed 2021 for the first time, it invalidated 2019. I had it up and running after a couple of hours.

Wolfgang Schoene
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Studio 2022 May 31, 2022

Philippe Noth wrote:

Hi Wolfgang,
Wolfgang wrote:

I activated my 2 licenses last week – I have a Freelance Plus – and version 2021 remained activated. Even Studio 2019 is still activated.

In case you encounter a problem, the support for licensing is usually quick to respond. I remember I had an issue when I installed 2021 for the first time, it invalidated 2019. I had it up and running after a couple of hours.

Thanks Hans and Philippe,
so I shall take the risk to see my v 2021 install being disabled. All this installation stuff is not very clear.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 17:31
English to Russian
Standard phrase May 31, 2022

This phrase always appears during the license upgrade procedure. The same phrase was there when I upgraded from from 2017 to 2019 and from 2019 to 2021. Probably it was there even earlier but I can’t recall now. Moreover, you could use the same 2021 license to activate the previous 2019 version.

Wolfgang Schoene
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Studio 2022 May 31, 2022

Stepan Konev wrote:

This phrase always appears during the license upgrade procedure. The same phrase was there when I upgraded from from 2017 to 2019 and from 2019 to 2021. Probably it was there even earlier but I can’t recall now. Moreover, you could use the same 2021 license to activate the previous 2019 version.

Standard phrase, yes, but quite confusing. As a matter of fact, my 2021 licence has been overwritten by the 2022 licence, but the program seems to be working.
Anyway, everthing's fine now.

Cécile Sellier
Cécile Sellier  Identity Verified
Georgia
Local time: 18:31
English to French
+ ...
Working from a Mac thanks to the Cloud? Jun 10, 2023

Hello everyone,

I have a Macbook and so far I've had to use a Virtual Machine so I could work in Studio. The problem is, the Mac has run out of space/memory, to the point that I could no longer update macOS or even store anything on the laptop.
I recently found out about CafeTran and thought that could be a good option for me; I removed the Virtual Machine from my Mac, did all the much-needed updates and tried to use CafeTran but it seems a bit complicated to me, and the free
... See more
Hello everyone,

I have a Macbook and so far I've had to use a Virtual Machine so I could work in Studio. The problem is, the Mac has run out of space/memory, to the point that I could no longer update macOS or even store anything on the laptop.
I recently found out about CafeTran and thought that could be a good option for me; I removed the Virtual Machine from my Mac, did all the much-needed updates and tried to use CafeTran but it seems a bit complicated to me, and the free version won't let me work on a real project because the TMs and termbases are too large.

However, this morning I learnt about Studio 2022 and its cloud platform. Could this be the solution I've been looking for?
I'm guessing I may still have to re-install the Virtual Machine/Windows on my Mac just so I can download and install Studio 2022, but after that I should be able to work exclusively online, right?
Can anyone please confirm that it's possible? Not having to go back and forth between macOS and Windows, and especially being able to use my laptop's memory space for other things, would make my life a lot easier.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts/advice!

Cécile
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2022

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »