Thread poster: Ronald van Riet
Ronald van Riet
Ronald van Riet  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:03
Member (2011)
English to Dutch
+ ...
May 15, 2023

Trados 2022 (in fact 2021 also did this) stops without any warning. Either it kills itself or I have to kill it from the Task Manager.
Very annoying: often translations I have made have not been stored or they are taken from the TM in which case they end up as 100% or CM which is confusing when doing QA.
Anybody has nay experience or better solution?

Ronald

Yossi Rozenman
Yossi Rozenman  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
I also had it in 2021 and now in 2022 May 15, 2023

Since I bought Trados 2021, it crashed at least once a day.
I thought that if I would upgrade to 2022 it will improve, but not.
Waste of money.

And I have quite a strong computer - 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 with 18GB RAM.

Tanja Oresnik
Tanja Oresnik  Identity Verified
Slovenia
French to Slovenian
+ ...
Interested to hear (read) more May 15, 2023

As I've just been thinking of upgrading from 2017 to 2022, I'd be very interested to find out more about this issue. Are there other users having the same experience? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 18:03
English to Russian
Version? May 15, 2023

Ronald van Riet wrote:
Trados 2022 (in fact 2021 also did this) stops without any warning.
What is your version? Did you try to re-install it? If you don't know how to find this information, with Trados open, press one button after the other: Alt, E, A.
@Yossi Rozenman: Same questions

@Tanja Oresnik: I use Trados Studio since its first release (2009). I experienced that issue a couple of times with early versions of Trados 2021, but after its first cumulative update Trados worked fine for me.
Actually you can check how Trados will work in your environment by trying a 30-day trial version. There is a free and open page with all supported versions of Trados: https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000012378&fbclid=IwAR0AX9U1tMBhI7ptTJ3KLvyCX6A_dz7nrvJQjiWOgKzLNeGl9mfV241PpqA
Make sure you download the latest version https://downloadcentercdn.sdl.com/TP/Trados/T2022/Studio/CUs/CU6/TradosStudio2022_CU6_14902.zip

[Edited at 2023-05-15 22:06 GMT]

expressisverbis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados stopping suddenly

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »