Trados 2021 Messing UP translation (randomly adding repeated words, changing saved segmentos) etc
Thread poster: marcelo medeiros
marcelo medeiros
marcelo medeiros
Brazil
Local time: 03:51
Chinese to Portuguese
+ ...
May 20, 2023

Greetings, guys

Recently I'm having some problens in trados 2021, it's changing segments already saved when I copy and paste a segment through ctrl F window, repeated words are added randomly in some segments and TAgs have been messed up.
Does anyone encountered this kind of issues? Would it be possible that a translation agency intentionally corrupt sdliff files to sabotage my translation in order to make me rework for free?
It's very distressfull and I lost many hours
... See more
Greetings, guys

Recently I'm having some problens in trados 2021, it's changing segments already saved when I copy and paste a segment through ctrl F window, repeated words are added randomly in some segments and TAgs have been messed up.
Does anyone encountered this kind of issues? Would it be possible that a translation agency intentionally corrupt sdliff files to sabotage my translation in order to make me rework for free?
It's very distressfull and I lost many hours of work due to client find many mistakes in project which I didn't found on XBench, like, very obviously and quantitative mistakes (many segments)

Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks!
Collapse

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 08:51
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Never experienced anything like it May 21, 2023

This is very strange behaviour, and I strongly doubt it is the agency that is doing something here. Especially if you have had a long-term relationship with them, and even if you don't, it doesn't sound like that's the problem. (I cannot see how they would be able to get your copy to misbehave like that anyway.) To me, it sounds like the installation of Trados Studio has gone corrupt. So here are a few things I would try:

- Uninstall Trados Studio and run a cleanup of Windows. (I am
... See more
This is very strange behaviour, and I strongly doubt it is the agency that is doing something here. Especially if you have had a long-term relationship with them, and even if you don't, it doesn't sound like that's the problem. (I cannot see how they would be able to get your copy to misbehave like that anyway.) To me, it sounds like the installation of Trados Studio has gone corrupt. So here are a few things I would try:

- Uninstall Trados Studio and run a cleanup of Windows. (I am using the free app Ccleaner for this, which I find to be an excellent tool.)
- Download the latest version of Studio that you have a license for, from your Studio profile, and install it.
After that check if Studio still misbehaves.
You may also want to run a full scan with your antivirus program just in case. It could be you have got some malware on your computer.
- I would also run a repair on the translation memory, but I don't know if you can do that in Studio. This is one of the benefits of Deja Vu, which is my favorite CAT tool.

At least I hope the above will be of help for you.

Roy
Collapse

marcelo medeiros

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Repair May 21, 2023

Roy Oestensen wrote:

- I would also run a repair on the translation memory, but I don't know if you can do that in Studio.

https://community.rws.com/product-groups/trados-portfolio/rws-appstore/w/wiki/6328/changelog-sdltm-repair

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Marcelo May 21, 2023

marcelo medeiros wrote:
when I copy and paste a segment through ctrl F window

May I ask you why are you working this way? It looks rather strange.

Stepan Konev
expressisverbis

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 09:51
English to Russian
Disable upLIFT May 21, 2023

marcelo medeiros wrote:
when I copy and paste a segment through ctrl F window
Though I don't understand either why you are doing that, but probably the upLIFT fuzzy repair feature is the culprit. I disabled it because of its adverse behavior: it changes target segments without notifying me or asking if I need that.
I confirm everything written here in this thread by Rachael Koev: https://community.rws.com/product-groups/trados-portfolio/trados-studio/f/studio/41821/uplift-fuzzy-match-repair-settings
To disable the upLIFT feature in your current project, go to Project Settings - Language Pairs - All Language Pairs - Match Repair - select Off for both options.
To disable the upLIFT feature for all your future projects, go to File - Options - Language Pairs - All Language Pairs - Match Repair - select Off for both options.

[Edited at 2023-05-21 13:10 GMT]

expressisverbis
George Luca
Dan Lucas
Jaime Oriard
marcelo medeiros

marcelo medeiros
marcelo medeiros
Brazil
Local time: 03:51
Chinese to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Update May 22, 2023

Hello, guys
thanks for your suggestions. As I'm new in the forum and don't know how to mention each reply I'll post it below
@Roy Oestensen
It might be a virus affecting trados behaviour. I'm running CCcleaner, and will reinstall trados now. If there's any finding I'll post here for other users which might found a similar problem. I couldn't found any similar anedote on internet about this issue, so virus might be an answer.
I'm aware that python can create a code for
... See more
Hello, guys
thanks for your suggestions. As I'm new in the forum and don't know how to mention each reply I'll post it below
@Roy Oestensen
It might be a virus affecting trados behaviour. I'm running CCcleaner, and will reinstall trados now. If there's any finding I'll post here for other users which might found a similar problem. I couldn't found any similar anedote on internet about this issue, so virus might be an answer.
I'm aware that python can create a code for randomly duplicate words in sdlxliff files, which can be inserted in the file structure but I didn't found any abnormal code in the file when opened it in the text editor.

@Natalie
I use ctrl F to universally change jargons in the file, I find it to be faster than use the mouse to access the trados search box. Do you think it's a bad approach?

@Stepan Konev
Thanks. I've disabled all the upLIFT functions. Sounds this might be the issue, or a virus. I'll test today in a new project before reinstall trados and update here if this fix the problem.
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Hmm May 22, 2023

marcelo medeiros wrote:
@Natalie
I use ctrl F to universally change jargons in the file, I find it to be faster than use the mouse to access the trados search box. Do you think it's a bad approach?

Normally, when you complete the translation of some segment you should press Ctrl+Enter to confirm it and to move to the next untranslated/unconfirmed segment. At this moment Trados performs search of translation matches, concordance and segments (depending on your settings). You do not need to perform such searches yourself, this is done automatically (unless you need finding smth specific, of course).

marcelo medeiros

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2021 Messing UP translation (randomly adding repeated words, changing saved segmentos) etc

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »