Abdelhalim Zeid  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 08:39
Member (2010)
English to Arabic
+ ...
May 30, 2023

Hi,

When I work on XML files, Trados Studio 2021 usually hides the first tag in the sentence/paragraph. Even though, when I check the file in a notepad, I see the tags are clearly there. All tags are showing properly, they are not shown only when they are occurred first in the segment.

Would you please help?

Thank you in advance.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Trimming probably May 30, 2023

Is it only the first tag that vanishes in the editor or the first and the last one? Trados usually trims formatting tags when formatting covers the entire segment. When formatting only applies to a part of a segment, there are tags in place. Probably this is why you can't see the first (opening) tags [and the last/closing tags as well].

Abdelhalim Zeid
Abdelhalim Zeid  Identity Verified
Egypt
Member (2010)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The first and it is not a formating. May 30, 2023

Only the first, and it is actually not a formatting tag, it happens even if it is a variable....

Stepan Konev wrote:

Is it only the first tag that vanishes in the editor or the first and the last one? Trados usually trims formatting tags when formatting covers the entire segment. When formatting only applies to a part of a segment, there are tags in place. Probably this is why you can't see the first (opening) tags [and the last/closing tags as well].

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Try RWS community May 30, 2023

I think this is rather a feature than a bug: they trim superfluous elements. They don't remove it but simply hide for visual comfort. However this is only my understanding of why Trados do that. Probably you'd better ask them directly at https://community.rws.com/product-groups/trados-portfolio/trados-studio/f/studio

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

First Tag Goes Missing

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »