How to skip approved segments and go to next translated segment under review?
Thread poster: Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 23:01
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Jun 15, 2023

I am reviewing a translation, and would like to skip segments I have already reviewed, but when I approve a segment, it seems I am only able to go to a reviewed segment that is not approved, not segments that are translated, but not yet reviewed. Is there a way to change this, for instance in the settings of Trados Studio, or do I have to use some shortcut? In memoQ this setting is editable, which I find very practical.

Yassine El Bouknify
Yassine El Bouknify
Morocco
Local time: 22:01
Member (2023)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Skip Approved Segments on Trados Jun 15, 2023

Hello Roy,

To skip approved segments and move to the next translated segment under review in Trados, follow these steps:

1. Open the document you are working on in Trados.
2. Make sure you are in the "Editor" view, where you can see the segments and their translations.
3. Locate the segment that is marked as approved and that you want to skip.
4. Click on the segment to select it.
5. Look for the navigation toolbar at the top of the Trados Editor
... See more
Hello Roy,

To skip approved segments and move to the next translated segment under review in Trados, follow these steps:

1. Open the document you are working on in Trados.
2. Make sure you are in the "Editor" view, where you can see the segments and their translations.
3. Locate the segment that is marked as approved and that you want to skip.
4. Click on the segment to select it.
5. Look for the navigation toolbar at the top of the Trados Editor interface.
6. In the navigation toolbar, you will find a set of arrow buttons. Locate the button with a right-pointing arrow (usually labeled "Next Segment" or "Next Unconfirmed").
7. Click on the right-pointing arrow button to skip to the next untranslated or unconfirmed segment.
8. Trados will automatically move you to the next segment that requires translation or review.
9. Continue translating or reviewing the segments until you have completed your task.
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Roy Jun 19, 2023

You need to open your file in the Review mode (Files - Open for review), and you will get exactly what you need: the segments that are already reviewed will be skipped, and you will jump to next segment already translated but not reviewed.

expressisverbis

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jun 19, 2023

Natalie wrote:

You need to open your file in the Review mode (Files - Open for review), and you will get exactly what you need: the segments that are already reviewed will be skipped, and you will jump to next segment already translated but not reviewed.

Yes, the problem seems to be that I opened it in translation mode.

And I found that I could open the project in memoQ and work there instead, which I prefer over Trados Studio since it seems better geared towards revision than Studio. At least I like it better to work there.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to skip approved segments and go to next translated segment under review?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »