Hélène Marpeau
Hélène Marpeau  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 13:35
Member (2020)
English to French
Jun 22, 2023

Hi,

When I open Trados (2021), my project list is always empty, it has always been. If I want to work on a project, I have to open it manually, which is annoying. Is there any setting that would need to be activated?
I work on a Mac laptop with Fusion for Windows.

Thanks for your help,

Hélène

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Strange behaviour Jun 22, 2023

Hélène Marpeau wrote:
Hi,
When I open Trados (2021), my project list is always empty, it has always been. If I want to work on a project, I have to open it manually, which is annoying. Is there any setting that would need to be activated?
I work on a Mac laptop with Fusion for Windows.
Thanks for your help,
Hélène

Have you imported the project from within Trados Studio? I have a feeling that if you just double click on the project without first opening Studio, it is not listed, though I am not sure about that.

Roy

Hélène Marpeau
Belgium
Member (2020)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
opening from Trados Jun 22, 2023

Hi Roy,

No. I always open Trados then I click on open a new project and I have to select the project. They are all stored on the hard drive. I wonder whether I should reinstall it. I have found similar issues online but no answer.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 14:35
English to Russian
Show all projects Jun 22, 2023

Make sure you have the 'Show all projects' option selected for every field.

Hélène Marpeau
Belgium
Member (2020)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
all projects selected Jun 22, 2023

Thanks Stepan, I have already checked.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 14:35
English to Russian
RWS Community Jun 22, 2023

Ok, have you seen this?
https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000015335

And make sure you use the recent version Trados Studio 2021 SR2 - 16.2.12.9338 (TradosStudio2021_SR2_CU12_9338.zip)

Also you can post your question here: https://community.rws.com/product-groups/trados-portfolio/trados-studio/f/studio

They will fix it in a way like this:

[Edited at 2023-06-22 09:35 GMT]
Collapse

William Zamora
William Zamora  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 06:35
Member (2023)
English to Spanish
Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try Jun 24, 2023

Verify the project location: Ensure that the projects are saved in the correct location and that Trados Studio is configured to look for projects in that specific folder. You can check the default project location by going to "File" -> "Options" -> "Default locations" in Trados Studio. Make sure the folder listed there matches the actual location where your projects are stored.

Reset user settings: If none of the above steps work, you can try resetting your user settings in Trados S
... See more
Verify the project location: Ensure that the projects are saved in the correct location and that Trados Studio is configured to look for projects in that specific folder. You can check the default project location by going to "File" -> "Options" -> "Default locations" in Trados Studio. Make sure the folder listed there matches the actual location where your projects are stored.

Reset user settings: If none of the above steps work, you can try resetting your user settings in Trados Studio. Keep in mind that this will restore Trados Studio to its default settings, so any customizations or preferences you have made will be lost. To reset user settings, go to "File" -> "Options" -> "Restore Defaults" -> "Reset all customizations."
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Empty list of projects

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »