emmanuelle groom
emmanuelle groom  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:13
Member (2012)
English to French
Jul 6, 2023

Hi,

I completed a project in Trados Studio (version 2017) this morning and saved it. The project is part of a Trados package.

I closed it and worked on something else in Studio, but when I tried to get back to it, it was no longer listed! I have tried to reopen the package sent by the client. It's asking me if I want to reimport it, and I said "yes" and clicked on Finished, but again, it's nowhere to be found! Am I going mad? I have no idea what is happening!

... See more
Hi,

I completed a project in Trados Studio (version 2017) this morning and saved it. The project is part of a Trados package.

I closed it and worked on something else in Studio, but when I tried to get back to it, it was no longer listed! I have tried to reopen the package sent by the client. It's asking me if I want to reimport it, and I said "yes" and clicked on Finished, but again, it's nowhere to be found! Am I going mad? I have no idea what is happening!

Any help would be appreciated as I have a deadline for this evening.

Thanks so much

Emmanuelle
Collapse

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Emmanuelle Jul 6, 2023

You must have the files saved somewhere, no?
Try to do this:
In the left column of the program, click on "Status" and then select "Show all projects".

trados

See if your file is in the list.

[Edited at 2023-07-06 10:34 GMT]

Lingua 5B

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 17:13
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Go to project view Jul 6, 2023

Are you in project view or file view?

You should be able to see the project in project view.

If not, then go to file view and find the file that was inside the package - that's the same thing, that you can return this file to your client if you right-click on it.

expressisverbis

emmanuelle groom
United Kingdom
Member (2012)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Project view Jul 6, 2023

Thanks for your replies!

I am in Project view.

Actually I found it. I think what happened was that it was saved automatically under a different name, which confused me. The client sent me the same package before, adding today this extra file, slightly changing the package name. I found it under "Project new" under the old name. I don't understand why...

Thanks anyhow!

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 17:13
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Shuffling Jul 6, 2023

emmanuelle groom wrote:

Thanks for your replies!

I am in Project view.

Actually I found it. I think what happened was that it was saved automatically under a different name, which confused me. The client sent me the same package before, adding today this extra file, slightly changing the package name. I found it under "Project new" under the old name. I don't understand why...

Thanks anyhow!

Trados shuffles my project/package order in the list sometimes as well. If I have packages with similar names, it may be confusing, but what I do is look at the date column in the list. Then the date is a good orientation what project/package I'm working on, although for some reason Trados randomly highlights some package with an old date. Glad you found it.

Sebastian Witte

emmanuelle groom
United Kingdom
Member (2012)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 6, 2023

Thanks. Good to know I'm not the only one. Trados also highlights random projects too....

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados package disappeared from my Project View

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »