Can a company see a freelancer's feedback before publishing their own?
Thread poster: Iulia Parvu
Iulia Parvu
Iulia Parvu  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:08
Member (2022)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Nov 22, 2022

Hello,
I have a client that failed to pay and I want to write on their blueboard page so that other people are aware.
I am worried that if the company sees a negative review, they will also write negatively about me (although the work delivered was of good quality).
So, can they see what I have published before they review me, or can they change the rating later if they decide to get revenge?
Thank you!

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Iulia Nov 22, 2022

I don’t understand your question as the whole idea of posting it is for them and others to see your negative feedback. I’ve done it once or twice and in both cases I was paid almost immediately. The thought of client’s revenge didn't cross my mind…

Iulia Parvu
Iulia Parvu  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2022)
English to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Maria Teresa Nov 22, 2022

I want my feedback to be visible, obviously. The question is about my feedback being visible to the company right away or AFTER they review me as well. As people tend to be biased and give the same kind of feedback, I'm a bit worried.
Also, can you change your feedback at a later stage?

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 23:08
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Iulia Nov 22, 2022

Iulia Parvu wrote:
The question is about my feedback being visible to the company right away or AFTER they review me as well.

No, your posting of feedback for them is independent of them posting feedback about you. Its not like e.g. AirBnb where the two parties post feedback about each other simultaneously. As soon as your review is approved by ProZ.com staff, it goes live immediately.

They can post feedback about you even if you don't post any feedback about them, and vice versa. Also, even if you do post feedback about them, that doesn't mean that they will (or will be required to) post feedback about you. The two feedback systems (client-to-translator, and translator-to-client) are entirely independent of each other.

Also, can you change your feedback at a later stage?

Yes. I'm not sure how long you can wait, but yes, this often happens with Blue Board entries (the translator posts a bad review, then the client pays up, and then the translator changes their review to something more positive).

[Edited at 2022-11-22 10:48 GMT]

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Iulia Nov 22, 2022

If they have a BB your feedback will be immediately visible to them and to everybody else. AFAIK feedback can be changed at a later date. Do you really think that people tend to be biased? Anyway, if they do it will be clear for everyone to see. If you have any questions about how to proceed why don't you send a ticket to Proz staff?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can a company see a freelancer's feedback before publishing their own?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »