This site uses cookies.
Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
For more information, please see the ProZ.com privacy policy.
VIA AILooking for an interpreter?
Remoto by ProZ.com connects you with an identity-verified interpreter by video or phone in about 60 seconds — 300+ languages, on demand or booked ahead.
Try Remoto »
Reed James Чиле Local time: 17:52 шпански на англиски
Oct 13, 2017
Hello. I wanted to preface this post by saying that I have googled this problem, I have run Reginout, which worked to a certain extent, and I do not want to reinstall Windows 10. There is too much at stake.
Sometimes I can install updates and applications. Other times, I cannot. I'm not sure whether it's just MSI installers or all of them. Sometimes I can work around the problem by running those installation files in safe mode. And sometimes, not even that works.
Hello. I wanted to preface this post by saying that I have googled this problem, I have run Reginout, which worked to a certain extent, and I do not want to reinstall Windows 10. There is too much at stake.
Sometimes I can install updates and applications. Other times, I cannot. I'm not sure whether it's just MSI installers or all of them. Sometimes I can work around the problem by running those installation files in safe mode. And sometimes, not even that works.
So, my question is: how can I fix this problem without reinstalling Windows? Any help is much appreciated. ▲ Collapse
Subject:
Comment:
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Michael Beijer Обединето Кралство Local time: 21:52 Член холандски на англиски + ...
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Rolf Keller Германија Local time: 22:52 англиски на германски
Caution!
Oct 14, 2017
Michael Joseph Wdowiak Beijer wrote:
Try this first: (...) use-sfc-command-utility
Under any circumstances use CHKDSK first and make sure that the file system is ok. Afterwards use sfc.
If you do it the other way round, sfc might damage the file system even more. This general principle holds for any utility that might make changes on the disk. So, use CHKDSK first, THEN use scf, dism, antivirus or what have you.
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Reed James Чиле Local time: 17:52 шпански на англиски
ОТПОЧНУВАЧ НА ТЕМА
Already ran sfc...
Oct 14, 2017
Rolf Keller wrote:
Michael Joseph Wdowiak Beijer wrote:
Try this first: (...) use-sfc-command-utility
Under any circumstances use CHKDSK first and make sure that the file system is ok. Afterwards use sfc.
If you do it the other way round, sfc might damage the file system even more. This general principle holds for any utility that might make changes on the disk. So, use CHKDSK first, THEN use scf, dism, antivirus or what have you.
After I read Michael's response, I ran an sfc. Nothing happened. I had done it once before with the same effect. The other fix that Michael suggested didn't work because it was for installing/uninstalling a particular program. This seems to be systemwide. The funny thing is that Reginout helped the first few times, but the error persists. Should I run a CHEKDSK?
Subject:
Comment:
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business
Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio
Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.