Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >
Bugs in the website? (Staff: developers are looking into it)
Thread poster: TargamaT team
expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 11:47
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Today Oct 9, 2023

Today, I got this notification question:

https://www.proz.com/kudoz/english-to-portuguese/law-general/7150954-child-abuse-investigation-team.html

One month later... this is not the first time it happens.

Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 12:47
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Disagreeing to Kudoz answers added to the glossary has no effect Oct 11, 2023

You can add disagreements to what you think is a wrong glossary entry,
but these disagreements don't seem to appear anywhere, so they're actually useless.

Zea_Mays
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Flagging posts or threads is cumbersome Oct 11, 2023

There is an option "Call to this topic" with the names of the responsible mods. Looks easy, isn't it?

Well, when you click on this link, a popup opens where you can type in your concern.
You click then on "Send" - but this does not send your message, another window opens instead
where you see your message inserted in a common Proz message, and you have to agree to
share your email address with the mod.

Why this privacy bre
... See more
There is an option "Call to this topic" with the names of the responsible mods. Looks easy, isn't it?

Well, when you click on this link, a popup opens where you can type in your concern.
You click then on "Send" - but this does not send your message, another window opens instead
where you see your message inserted in a common Proz message, and you have to agree to
share your email address with the mod.

Why this privacy breach? Why making this so cumbersome?

A simple "report" option on any post with just the popup step
would be quite more useful (and is what you actually find on most sites).
Collapse

Jennifer Levey
expressisverbis

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Zea_Mays
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Redirect loop issue Oct 18, 2023

Lately I very often get this error message (see below how the url becomes when going to the next page or going back to a previous page - it attaches a "redirect" with every try):
"Redirect loop detected. Try returning to the ProZ.com home page. If the problem continues, please contact Pro
... See more
Lately I very often get this error message (see below how the url becomes when going to the next page or going back to a previous page - it attaches a "redirect" with every try):
"Redirect loop detected. Try returning to the ProZ.com home page. If the problem continues, please contact ProZ.com support for assistance."
https://www2.proz.com/translation-jobs/?phpv_redirected=1&phpv_redirected=2&phpv_redirected=3&phpv_redirected=4
Collapse

Christel Zipfel
Joe France
Barbara Carrara
Josephine Cassar

Yana Dovgopol
Yana Dovgopol
Local time: 13:47
SITE STAFF
We are aware of temporary issues Oct 18, 2023

Zea_Mays wrote:

"Redirect loop detected. Try returning to the ProZ.com home page. If the problem continues, please contact ProZ.com support for assistance."
https://www2.proz.com/translation-jobs/?phpv_redirected=1&phpv_redirected=2&phpv_redirected=3&phpv_redirected=4

Hi Zea,

We are aware of temporary issues due to site maintenance.

After the last update, all of them have been solved.

Could you please let me know if you still see errors?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Bests,
Yana

Zea_Mays
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
. Oct 18, 2023

Hi Yana,

Seems to work for now, thank you.
Is not seing points in the contest pairs with winners due to a bug too?

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 11:47
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Dear Yana Oct 18, 2023

As you know, we've been in touch via the Support with you and some of your colleagues, but the truth is that I still don't receive any notifications regarding questions on Kudoz.
Everything that happens on in a question I don't receive, such as discussions, peer agreements, etc. Nor am I notified when someone selects my answers.
This has been going on for several months and so far nothing.
I remember that at first you told me it was my problem and so I contacted my Internet se
... See more
As you know, we've been in touch via the Support with you and some of your colleagues, but the truth is that I still don't receive any notifications regarding questions on Kudoz.
Everything that happens on in a question I don't receive, such as discussions, peer agreements, etc. Nor am I notified when someone selects my answers.
I remember that at first you told me it was my problem and so I contacted my Internet service provider several times and according to what I was told everything was working properly.
It's been frustrating for me and it's been a year or two that I am not so active in Kudoz due to this situation.
I don't feel like I'm benefiting from anything on the site.
Collapse

Helena Chavarria
Michele Fauble

Yana Dovgopol
Yana Dovgopol
SITE STAFF
Thanks for confirming! Oct 18, 2023

Zea_Mays wrote:

Hi Yana,

Seems to work for now, thank you.
Is not seing points in the contest pairs with winners due to a bug too?

Thanks for confirming!

In regards to your Contest forum post, it is still under checking by Site Staff.

The reply will be provided as soon as possible in the respective post.

Thanks for your patience.

Bests,
Yana

Zea_Mays

Yana Dovgopol
Yana Dovgopol
SITE STAFF
We are aware of the issue with certain email notifications Oct 18, 2023

expressisverbis wrote:

I remember that at first you told me it was my problem and so I contacted my Internet service provider several times and according to what I was told everything was working properly.
It's been frustrating for me and it's been a year or two that I am not so active in Kudoz due to this situation.
I don't feel like I'm benefiting from anything on the site.

Hi expressisverbis,

We are aware of the issue with certain email notifications. Our developers are still working to have it solved. Notification issues are rather complicated as they touch many areas of the site, completely different email providers used by all users, and therefore different protocols also used by email providers that may apply certain blocks from their part.

The support team is in constant contact with the development team in regard to the notification issues.

Once we have any update you will be notified.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Bests,
Yana

Zea_Mays
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Thank you Yana! Oct 18, 2023

A simple answer makes such a difference! 🙏

[Bearbeitet am 2023-10-18 11:47 GMT]

Yana Dovgopol

Zea_Mays
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
design "bug" Oct 18, 2023

The new design has a "visual" bug - it is confusing and doesn't let you see important things at first glance.

job page new

Zea_Mays
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
compare with previous design Oct 18, 2023

No one is saying all has to stay as it was in the past, but regarding usability and clearness, the old design is better.

job page old

Yana Dovgopol
Yana Dovgopol
SITE STAFF
Thanks for your suggestion Oct 19, 2023

Zea_Mays wrote:

The new design has a "visual" bug - it is confusing and doesn't let you see important things at first glance.

job page new

Hi Zea,

Thanks for your suggestion.

However, it is better to add suggestions to the forum section "ProZ.com suggestions".

Otherwise, I am afraid your suggestion may get lost in other possible new posts made.

This forum post is used more to report technical issues.

Thanks.

Bests,
Yana

Azariah
Azariah  Identity Verified
Italian to English
Course registration / payment bug? Jan 10

I'm having difficulties with registering and paying for courses. Once I fill out all of the details, bank card, etc, I am always redirected to a blank page and then my list of courses show either unpaid or not registered at all. I haven't had this problem with previous courses so I am wondering if this is a bug.

Has anyone else had issues with this recently?

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bugs in the website? (Staff: developers are looking into it)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »