Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4 5] >
Bugs in the website? (Staff: developers are looking into it)
Thread poster: TargamaT team
TargamaT team
TargamaT team  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:36
Member (2010)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Sep 1, 2023

I noticed some bugs in the website, for example, questions in Kudoz are closed without notifications...

I reviewed my settings and notifications are On but I do not receive them, I am the only one?

expressisverbis
Barbara Carrara
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Michele Fauble
texjax DDS PhD
Elizabeth Joy Pitt de Morales
John Smith (X)

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 11:36
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
No, you aren't the only one Sep 1, 2023

I have opened a thread before about that issue:

https://www2.proz.com/forum/site_forums/360248-stopped_receiving_any_notification_from_the_site.html

I tried all the solutions that were provided by the staff and members, but with no success... including contacting my ISP.

TargamaT team
Barbara Carrara
Matthias Brombach

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Also the App... Sep 1, 2023

...seems to be buggy sometimes and I can't get through to the forum posts, accompanied with very cryptically error messages.

expressisverbis
Ines Radionovas-Lagoutte, PhD
Susanna Martoni

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Site developers are looking into this Sep 1, 2023

Hello everyone,

Thank you for the heads-up. A group of site developers is working on improvements and updates on key site areas and services. I have asked them to check what you report here, but if you provide more details (specific URLs, screenshots, steps), that would help me and them to look into each report specifically.

Please feel free to post here or submit a suppo
... See more
Hello everyone,

Thank you for the heads-up. A group of site developers is working on improvements and updates on key site areas and services. I have asked them to check what you report here, but if you provide more details (specific URLs, screenshots, steps), that would help me and them to look into each report specifically.

Please feel free to post here or submit a support request, https://www.proz.com/support

I'm also moving this thread from the "ProZ.com: Translator Coop" forum to the "ProZ.com technical support" one so that others can find it quickly and add their reports too, if any.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the inconvenieces.

Lucia
Collapse

Zea_Mays
expressisverbis
Matthias Brombach
Barbara Carrara

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
I believe... Sep 1, 2023

...it all started when you moved your domain from www.xxx to www2.xxx.
Good luck!

Michele Fauble
Helena Chavarria
Christel Zipfel
expressisverbis
Barbara Carrara

TargamaT team
TargamaT team  Identity Verified
France
Member (2010)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Forum also has been changed? Sep 1, 2023

I also noticed that the forum configuration has been changed, in the past I had general English and my other languages, French, German, and Arabic forums...

I am not able to figure out how to put them back!

I am afraid that this platform has become like the Gogol's overcoat, with multiple patches over the years!

[Edited at 2023-09-01 20:03 GMT]

texjax DDS PhD

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
Why... Sep 2, 2023

did you move to www2? Sometimes, the site is veeery slow. Never happened before.

TargamaT team

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Please provide details to enable detailed investigation Sep 4, 2023

TargamaT team wrote:

I also noticed that the forum configuration has been changed, in the past I had general English and my other languages, French, German, and Arabic forums...

I am not able to figure out how to put them back!

If you are referring to the forums you see on the home page, you should be able to update those here: https://www.proz.com/dashboard/forum/?sp_forum_mode=homepage_forums . If you are referring to some other area, please specify. Thanks!

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL wrote:

did you move to www2? Sometimes, the site is veeery slow. Never happened before.

As explained in my previous post, developers are working on improvements and updates. So, if you experience any issue --delayed or absent notification, reduced page speed, or any other, please contact us through the support system with specific details such as screenshots, page URLs, links to posts for which you did not receive a notification (or it arrived late). The support team will be able to investigate further and report the issue to developers appropriately.

Thanks!

Lucia

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In relation to me, that "bug" (if any) only concerns the Terminology Help Sep 4, 2023

Lucia Leszinsky wrote:

As explained in my previous post, developers are working on improvements and updates. So, if you experience any issue --delayed or absent notification, reduced page speed, or any other, please contact us through the support system with specific details such as screenshots, page URLs, links to posts for which you did not receive a notification (or it arrived late). The support team will be able to investigate further and report the issue to developers appropriately.

I've lost count of the notifications that I don't receive from Kudoz discussions and peers agreements.
For example, I didn't received this member's agree to this question. I thanked her because the next day I went to check that question and saw her agree.

https://www.proz.com/kudoz/french-to-portuguese/cosmetics-beauty/7150003-boost-lissant.html

I can be labelled as a rude and impolite member if I can't say a simple "thank you" to my colleagues for their agreements, or answer their questions/comments addressed to me in the discussion board, because of this trouble.
And there's no point in ticking the box "Track this Question" because I still can't receive anything from a question asked. Sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't. I tried it once, and even so I wasn't notified.
I've already contacted the staff and the answer I've been given is the same: the notifications to your email account have been leaving ProZ.com servers, contact your ISP, try to use another email from another email provider.
The truth is that I've done all that, including reporting the issue to my ISP, which he verified and it's okay.
What you've managed to do with this was to push me further away from Kudoz, something I used to enjoy participating.

[Edited at 2023-09-04 14:37 GMT]

Jennifer Levey
Michele Fauble
Philip Lees
Agustin Ferri

Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Some Kudoz notifications are sent, some not Sep 4, 2023

I get Kudoz notifications in a random manner,
meaning that it happens that for the same question, I get a notification
for an entry in the discussion panel, while for another one in
the same question I don't.

Maybe also some jobs notifications are not sent,
as I often see jobs on the website which I didn't get an alert on.

TargamaT team
Michele Fauble
Jennifer Levey
Philip Lees
expressisverbis

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
Reduced speed Sep 5, 2023

Lucia Leszinsky wrote:

The only issue I have is the reduced speed and response time - not always. I guess it could be due to the traffic load on the website. Surely the developers can monitor this without having its user complaining via support? It's a pretty basic thing. Thank you for your reply, anyway. It looks like I will have to put up with it.

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Reopened my support ticket Sep 5, 2023

From Sunday to the present I don't receive Kudoz questions... Now I have the Terminology Help completely "blocked" for me.
About the speed when opening Proz pages I have also noticed it, and I was blaming an innocent.
I reopened my support ticket explaining the issue and with a screenshot attached.
I hope everyone will be able to use the site in a normal way again...

Agustin Ferri

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
The staff are working on it Sep 5, 2023

I got a reply and the staff are looking into this and expect to have a solution shortly.
Fingers crossed!

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Thanks everyone! Sep 6, 2023

As expressisverbis correctly states, developer are reviewing reports in this thread as well as some that entered the support system, and working on a fix. I will post back here as soon as I have any news.

I appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconveniences.

Lucia

expressisverbis
Zea_Mays

Daryo
Daryo
United Kingdom
Serbian to English
+ ...
Another "improvement" Sep 6, 2023

When I use Chrome, I keep getting logged out every time I open a new tab.

So I had to move to another browser for Proz. So far, only a minor nuisance.

Just curious - what exactly are these "improvements and updates" supposed to achieve?

Apart from letting tech geeks to play with some new programming toys?

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4 5] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bugs in the website? (Staff: developers are looking into it)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »