Thread poster: David Araque Borrás
David Araque Borrás
David Araque Borrás  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:10
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 5, 2015

I'm going crazy because I can't find any good acronym dictionary. Can somebody help me?

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
I don't have one either...... Nov 5, 2015

.... but maybe this is a help in the good direction: http://www.abkuerzungen.de/

Andrzej Mierzejewski
Andrzej Mierzejewski  Identity Verified
Poland
Polish to English
+ ...
Why no success? Nov 5, 2015

Just write three words in your browser: abkürzungen auf deutsch.
You'll find a plenty of links.

HTH

..... (X)
..... (X)
Local time: 02:10
My recommendation Nov 5, 2015

Hi David,

Are you just looking for German to German (i.e. the long form of the acronym) or are you looking for a glossary of the German acronym in another language?

I would recommend reaching out to Veit Alexander Schleber. He has a large acronym libr
... See more
Hi David,

Are you just looking for German to German (i.e. the long form of the acronym) or are you looking for a glossary of the German acronym in another language?

I would recommend reaching out to Veit Alexander Schleber. He has a large acronym library, for example here is an 1800+ Dutch one with German translations. He may be able to help you.

Kevin
Collapse

David Araque Borrás
David Araque Borrás  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Bingo! Nov 6, 2015

Thanks everyone, I found the one I was looking for. Anyway, I will save these resources, they seem really usefull.

Platary (X)
Platary (X)
German to French
+ ...
And? Nov 8, 2015

David Araque Borrás a écrit :

Thanks everyone, I found the one I was looking for.

Very happy for you, but it could be fair to share what you found. Or is that too much asked?

Regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any acronym dictionary in German?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »